Friday, August 26, 2011

Brutal Hearts video shoot

cast of Brutal Hearts

I had a great time hanging out with my friends Bedouin Soundclash and Coeur de Pirate shooting the video for Brutal Hearts. This one is directed by the legendary Bruce MacDonald and I was quite thrilled to be working with him. My job seldom feels like work and this day was no exception! I did Beatrice and Jay's makeup first... here they are being silly:

Bea & Jay

and here is the lovely Miss Bea:

Beatrice makeup test
Bea makeup test

The following afternoon we shoot in a park in Kensington Market. This park is FULL of local characters, which was hilarious and provided us with much entertainment:



The video includes 5 dancers, and the skull makeup was inspired by the movies The Warriors and Dead Presidents with a bit of a tribal/voodoo/New Orleans/Día de los Muertos vibe thrown in.

I love this shot of Eon & Sekou:


Bea & Jay taking direction from Bruce MacDonald:


the boys:
Eon, Sekou & Jay

Here I am posing with the dancers:
me & the dancers



Bea & bike 2



skull girls

and here is the band's manager Dave (a/k/a Zizou) being Very Busy talking about Important Things:
Zizou TCB

Looking forward to seeing the video... the song is one of my favorites. So happy to be able to be part of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment